A lot has been written about effective leadership. You probably can recognize it when you experience it. You definitely can recognize it when you don't.
Below please find some quotes that just seem to capture effective leadership in a nutshell. Feel free to share this list with others.
- "Leadership is intentional influence." - Michael McKinney
- "You cannot be a leader, and ask other people to follow you, unless you know how to follow, too." - Sam Rayburn
- "People ask the difference between a leader and a boss. The leader leads, and the boss drives." - Theodore Roosevelt
- "The task of the leader is to get his people from where they are to where they have not been." - Henry Kissinger
- "Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it." - Dwight D. Eisenhower
- "Great leaders are almost always great simplifiers, who can cut through argument, debate, and doubt to offer a solution everybody can understand." - General Colin Powell
- "Men make history and not the other way around. In periods where there is no leadership, society stands still. Progress occurs when courageous, skillful leaders seize the opportunity to change things for the better." - Harry Truman
- "Management is efficiency in climbing the ladder of success; leadership determines whether the ladder is leaning against the right wall." - Stephen R. Covey
- "Before you are a leader, success is all about growing yourself. When you become a leader, success is all about growing others." - Jack Welch
- "The function of leadership is to produce more leaders, not more followers." - Ralph Nader
- "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - General George Patton
Our free whitepaper entitled "3 Essential Skills that Every Manager Needs to Know to Increase Their Team's Performance" provides additional information and resources for effective leadership.
What is YOUR favorite quote about effective leadership? Please share your thoughts with us below: