Enhancing Work Satisfaction - Live Instructor-led Virtual Course
Research shows that people who have clearly defined, well-communicated expectations find more satisfaction and success in their work than people whose expectations go unspoken or unrealized. Certain expectations, such as salary, hours and job duties, are clear. Other expectations, however, often go unspoken or unacknowledged. This program helps each participant uncover the expectations they consider most important, and learn strategies for communicating or adjusting them for enhanced satisfaction at work.
Our on-line instructor-led Enhancing Work Satisfaction program requires minimum time away from one’s office duties. The individualized Work Expectations Profile® provides valuable personal insight while the reinforcement session helps participants maintain their focus.
Printable Version - To print a one page description of this course.
Program Length: This is an on-line instructor-led program consisting of prework, and 2 on-line sessions scheduled at least 21 days apartMajor Topics:
- Research showing benefits of clearly-defined and communicated expectations
- The major focus of each expectation
- Reflecting on the degree each expectation is met or spoken
- Action steps needed to communicate effectively
- When it is important to adjust expectations
- Increased productivity and employee satisfaction
- Reduced employee turnover
- Improved attitudes and job outlook
- Encourages personal accountability and responsibility
- Identify one’s work expectations and discover which expectations are considered most important
- Learn how to communicate, initiate action, and adjust expectations
- Enjoy the benefits of increased job satisfaction and improved performance
This program utilizes the Work Expectations Profile® to help participants explore the following expectations:
- Career Growth
Enhancing Work Satisfaction Program Process:
Prework: Work Expectations Profile®
Completion of the on-line Work Expectations profile®. This on-line instrument helps participants uncover the work expectations they consider most important in 10 key areas.
Session 1: Techniques for Enhancing Work SatisfactionTime: 90 minutes
This session reviews key elements for enhancing satisfaction at work. Techniques are provided for helping participants communicate, initiate action and adjust their expectations. Each participant creates an Action Plan and is asked to report their progress during Session 2.
Session 2: Reinforcement Session, held at least 21 days after Session 1Time: 60 minutes
This session is designed to serve as a reinforcement vehicle for the participants in the program. During this time, participants discuss the successes and challenges they experienced when implementing their Action Plan. Suggestions are provided for enhancing their skills and making an ongoing commitment to Enhancing Work Satisfaction.