Enhancing Work Satisfaction
Work expectations are those things people consider likely to happen in their job situation, either now or in the future. In a typical employment situation, certain expectations - such as salary, hours and job duties - are clearly understood by both employer and employee. Other expectations, however, are so intimately linked to an individual's concept of work that they often go unspoken or unacknowledged. Whether spoken or unspoken, a "psychological contract" of needs and expectations exists between employees and employers that affect job satisfaction and performance. This program provides a framework to help employees and managers understand and discuss these needs and expectations.
The Enhancing Work Satisfaction course is available in the following formats:
- Traditional Instructor-Led Classroom. This course can be customized for your organization and delivered by a facilitator to employees at your location.
- Live Online Course. This course is delivered by a facilitator over the internet. It is highly interactive and ideal for geographically dispersed participant groups.
FREE Product Preview of our Online Self-Paced Courses:
- Leadership Training and Development
- Team Training
- Customer Service Training and Development
- Sales Training and Development